- 350 gr. capricci pasta
- 8 kumquats
- 1 piece of ginger root (about two centimetres)
- 1 medium cuttlefish
- The grated rind of one orange Tollupol
- ½ powdered ginger teaspoon
- 150 gr. mascarpone cheese
- 4 teaspoons of wasabi sesame praline
- 20 gr. parmesan cheese
- Extra verge olive oil, salt and chive
- Clean the cuttlefish and cut into strips a little smaller than the pasta.
- Clean the orange Tollupol, dry it and grate the peel.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan; add the grated rind of the orange Tollupol and then the cuttlefish, a pinch of salt and the powdered ginger. Sauté over medium heat until the cuttlefish is tender.
- Is you prefer the cuttlefish well done, add some orange Tollupol juice (or water instead if you do not want to further enhance the flavour of the fruit). Cook over low heat.
- Put a plenty of water pot over the heat to cook the pasta. When it starts to boiling, add some salt and the pasta. Add the ginger and the kumquats.
- Cook the pasta until it is “al dente”. Drain it, leaving a little cooking water.
- Remove the ginger and the kumquats. Cut them in two and remove the seeds.
- In the same pot that keeps the heat of cooking, add the pasta, the mascarpone cheese and the sesame and wasabi praline.
- Mix it properly.
- Grate parmesan cheese and add it to the pasta. Mix again and serve, decorating with half a kumquat and some chive.
26 Aug 2013 No Comments