500 gr. Spaghetti
- 3 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- The juice of six big oranges Tollupol
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 250 gr. bacon strips
- 250 gr. Chicken breast
- Water to cook the pasta
- Hard-boiled egg
PREPARATION OF ORANGE SAUCE WITH MUSTARD
The secret of this sauce is the reduction time and the balance of mustard, in order not to lose the sweet flavor of the orange.
- Chop the onions and the garlic. Add the olive oil to a saucepan and fry over low heat for 10 minutes until the onion is transparent.
- Squeeze the oranges Tollupol and heat the juice in a small pan. Add the sugar and reduce for 12 minutes over mid-low heat. When it starts to look like syrup, add 3 spoons of mustard and mix properly. Add the meat after two minutes rest.
- Cut the bacon and the chicken breast into small pieces. Add this to the onions and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the orange Tollupol sauce and turn up the heat until boiling. Reduce for 10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper if necessary.
- Stir with a wood spoon and turn down the heat. Cook two more minutes and stir again.
- Once the sauce is ready, reserve it.
PREPARATION OF THE STAGUETTI:
- Heat one liter water per 100 gr. Pasta.
- When water starts boiling, add salt and then add the spaghetti. Stir with a spoon in order not to stick.
- When the pasta is ready, mix it with the sauce and decorate with chopped hard-boiled egg.